All members of Yampa Valley Electric Association are eligible for rebates!
Keep these requirements in mind:
- You must currently receive electric service from YVEA.
- You must be 18 or over.
- Starting January 1, 2017 rebates must be submitted within 90 days from purchase.
- Valid receipt/invoice is required with submission of application. Application will not be processed if receipt/invoice is not included.
- Submission of applications does not guarantee a full rebate.
- Rebates are on a first come, first serve basis.
- All information must be included to process the application.
Rebates are available now for the following
Purchases and Services:
- LED Replacement Bulbs for Interior Lighting (Incandescent Replacements - $10/bulb; 10 bulb max. per year)
- LED Tubes (4' Fluorescent Tube Replacements - $10/bulb; 10 bulb max. per year)
- LED Decorative (not Holiday Lights) and Pin Lights (Halogen Replacements -$10/bulb; 10 bulb max. per year)
Important notice about recycling fluorescent light bulbs:
Remember when upgrading to new energy-saving, long-lasting LED bulbs that old CFL bulbs need to be recycled properly since fluorescent lights contain a small amount of mercury. LightWorks of Steamboat on Loggers Lane accepts all fluorescent tubes and compact fluorescent lights for proper recycling to capture the mercury in their "bulb eater." LightWorks charges nominal fees to business recyclers to help fund the program.
EnergyStar® Appliances (only valid with verified disposal of old unit):
- Dishwasher ($100 Rebate)
- Clothes Washer ($80 Rebate)
- Refrigerator ($90 Rebate)
- Freezer ($80 Rebate)
Certified Energy Audits (Must Use Certified Auditor-see resources):
- Walk-through and Visual Inspections (Full Energy Audit $150 Rebate)
*to receive full rebate, must have both YVEA and Atmos
- Infrared Camera Tests (Full Energy Audit $150 Rebate)
- Blower-door Tests ($75 Rebate)
- Programmable Thermostats - Gas ($20 Rebate) or Electric Homes ($50 Rebate) 2 per household max. per year.
- Air Sealing Service with any Certified Energy Audit (40% of project; $200 max.)
What do I need to have handy to begin the rebate process?
Have the following ready when filling out your rebate:
- Have your 10 digit YVEA Account Number
- Have your service and billing address handy
- Have a copy of your receipt(s) handy
- You will need a smart phone, digital camera, iPad or scanner to submit an image of your receipt. (You may also submit receipts from vendors if saved in PDF or JPEG formats.)
- You may need the name of your energy auditor or audit company.
This annual energy efficiency program is made possible through funding from YVEA and the City of Steamboat Springs and Alpine Bank, with educational and staff support from the nonprofit organization Yampa Valley Sustainability Council.
For a list of regional vendors and contractors for energy efficiency work and supplies, Click here
To become a sustaining partner and financial contributor to support the Cen$ible Energy® rebate program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Helpful information on saving energy at your home or business can be found at: www.YVSC.org or www.YVEA.com